Why ? SKYE CAFÉ is a different take on the food truck.
– Enthusiastic owners and chefs
– Driven to provide you with comfort food that reflects a melting pot of cultures at competitive prices
– Craves your SKYE CAFE foodie experiences and food memory stories (video or text) – #skyecafe
– Comes to your office building, and can cater your business lunches, private parties, or school events
-Loves to give back ! Supports Mentorship Programs, Charity Organization, PTOs, and School Fundraisers with standard or specialized menus, and a give back Program
– Creators of the World Famous “Stank” burger – feta cheese, bacon, slaw, and aioli! Try it, and if you don’t like it (which we will find hard to believe), get it replaced!
We could go on but thought you’d like to meet SKYE CAFÉ!
Born in Queens, NY, of Jamaican and British parents. Lena brings energy and passion to everything she does. With over 20 years of business experience including the music industry and overseeing daily operations and restaurant openings for PepsiCo and Yum! Brands, Lena is a mother who wants to share her love of food by giving back to the community. Her daughter is her inspiration to do what she loves (and for the SKYE CAFÉ logo).
Willie Mack is a graduate from The Culinary Institute of America and a Certified Chef through the American Culinary Federation. His experience includes Olympia Spa Golf and Country Club in Dothan, AL, Executive Chef for Holiday Inn, Blue’s Ship Café in Tampa, FL, and Rockwell’s in Manhattan, NY. In addition, he opened two soul food restaurants under the Spoonbread name, where he worked with celebrities L.A. Reid and Spike Lee. All of these experiences allowed him to cultivate his style of creating a combination menu of Southern American, French and Italian cuisine.
Mack has been named the MacDaddy of soul food/Southern American cuisine – his passion – which allows him to share soul food that is healthy and comforting at the same time.
Chef Willie is now partnering with Skye Café, Inc., to create a menu to cultivate the concept of a melting pot of international flavors.